So, I’ve been excited that Obamacare is going to be replaced, as I haven’t had health insurance in several years.
Now if you talk to many Democrats they will tell you Obamacare gave access to healthcare for people who couldn’t get it otherwise…and that just isn’t true.
Here are the reasons why health insurance in America needs an overhaul:
- When I was younger I qualified for Medicaid based on my Cystic Fibrosis and my age, most of my doctor appointments were covered, aside from the ones my family could afford to pay, in those cases we paid upfront. It was an affordable price…
- After 18, I went on my parents insurance for a few years…but, when I turned 21 I stopped being on my parents health insurance. So, I just went without, however at the time it wasn’t a huge problem most Dr.’s would just charge me for the services rendered and not the “co-pay” costs which weren’t bad but recently have become outlandish.
And just for a bit of insight I take many medications…and just two of them are what I will tell you about. One if them is a pancreatic enzyme…and the first time I went to fill this medicine without Medicaid the cost of that medicine was $3900/month, the second was a liquid that went into a nebulizer…and that one costs around $12,000/month…I know absolutely nuts. Why, and who could afford that??
3. When Obama touted his Obamacare I thought “oh great i’ll be able to get coverage again.” I was sadly mistaken, as the quotes I got were absolutely outrageous. But, I was being told by the news that it would be affordable coverage regardless of preexisting conditions. Which was a lie…
4. Now, as recently as November I applied for federal assistance: Medicaid, SSI, disability, etc. and I have repeatedly been turned down…for reasons that don’t make any sense. So, no reason really…”just deny and maybe he’ll stop asking.”
5. Then, looking at a fine of some sort for NOT being able to afford health insurance is insanity. So, even though it’s supposed to be accessible to all Americans, it isn’t because it is still outrageously priced, and they may not turn you down because of a preexisting condition, but it does make monthly premiums skyrocket which makes them unaffordable…and the copays are more expensive than just telling the Dr, pharmacy, etc. that you are going to pay cash.
I guess I don’t know the ins and outs like the insurance companies/government do, but I find it odd, people who imposed Obamacare are exempt from it, and people like me who have things like Cystic Fibrosis, haven’t been abe to afford insurance. So, we can’t afford it and are now being threatened with fines for not being able to afford it…it makes my mind spin, and my head hurt, it’s nonsense.
Hopefully Trump will be able to get something done so that I can obtain AFFORDABLE health care, since I have to spend the majority of my finances on just upkeep of my health. Not to mention being able to do other things like eat, and wear clothes, etc. you know those crazy “extras” lol…sorry, but if I don’t laugh i’ll cry, and then i’ll probably lose my damn mind.